venerdì 14 ottobre 2011

cinnamon cookies by anna parisi


I do not like cinnamon!
Here I admit, or at least I didn't like...
the cakes that I have tasted were too much enriched with it that I could not remember anything else about that cake but cinnamon... Until one day, moved by the desire "let's do biscuits for all", I started leafing through the Encyclopedia of Pastry and came across a chef's recipe: the cinnamon cookies by Anna Parisi. And reading the ingredients I saw with great pleasure that she didn't write: one teaspoon of cinnamon, or a pinch of cinnamon or cinnamon to taste, but she indicated the precise doses. The result was,  that I have eaten them because the amount of cinnamon was perfectly balanced with the other ingredients, it was perfect for the taste of butter with that touch of sour typical of its taste. Try them why really worth it. 

Ingredients for about 30 pieces
  • 200g flour
  • 100g brown sugar
  • 100g softened butter
  • 30g caster sugar
  • 5g cinnamon powder
  • 1 pinch of salt
  • 1 tbs of milk
  • 1 egg
  • 3g vanilla baking powder

Method:

Mix in a bowl the butter with the 2 types of sugar, salt, milk, and the egg slightly beaten. Whisk until the mixture is  smooth and fluffy.

Stir in the flour sent down by a sieve with the baking powder and mix with a spatula. Transfer the mixture onto a work surface and knead briefly by hand.

Divide the dough into 2 or 3 parts and give the form of cylinders of 2.5 cm thick, place in the fridge to harden for at least one hour.

Cut the dough into slices of about 1 cm, place them on baking paper and bake at 180° for about 10'. Remove from the oven and let cool; sprinkle with icing sugar.



Buon Week End a tutti.....

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Anyone going from here, who wants to leave a small trace of himself, will enrich my blog, and widen my smile!
Thanks for visiting .... come back soon ...