The title anticipates its qualities: soft and moist inside, crunchy outside, in a word, divine.
"No Nuts, no coffee, nothing added to these brownies to distract from the main attraction – dark chocolate and cocoa. Take care not to overcook, brownies are meant to be gooey in the middle – it’s what makes them so gorgeous to eat."
Ingredients for about 20 pieces:
- 300g of dark excellent chocolate (I used chocolate 57% Ecuador)
- 150g very soften butter
- 325g caster sugar
- 6 large free range eggs
- 1 tbs of vanilla essence
- 90g flour 00
- 90g of excellent bitter cocoa powder
|The recipe step by step|
20.5 x 25.5 cm. brownie tin.
1. Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie or in a microwave. Remove the bowl from the heat and let cool until needed.
2. Put he butter and the sugar into the bowl of a food mixer and beat until very fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs one at a time and beat in the vanilla essence. Spoon the cooled melted chocolate into the mixture and mix thoroughly. Sift the flour and the cocoa on to the mixture and stir from the bottom up.
3. When completely combined pour the mixture into the greased and floured tin. I spread on the surface coarsely chopped pistachios. Bake at 180° for about 20 minutes until the mixture is firm to the touch but still a bit shaky. The chocolate will continue to cook a few minutes after coming out of the oven.