Ingredients for about 10:
For the base
- 100 g good dark chocolate
- 50 g butter
- 200 g digestive biscuits
- 500 g best quality cream (io use coat cheese and yogurt)
- 125 g muscovado sugar (100 g are really enough)
- 50 g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee dissolved in 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 large free range eggs
- cocoa powder for dusting
Heat the oven to 160°
1. Melt the chocolate very gently with the butter in a large heatproof mixing bowl (the water must not touch the base of the bowl or start to boil). Make the biscuits in fine crumbs and put them in the melted chocolate. Pour the mixture in a 23cm spring-clip tin, greased and lined with parchment paper. Useing the back of a spoon, press the mixture into the base of the tin. Chill until needed.
2. Put the cream cheese, both sugars, dissolved coffee and the eggs into the bowl of a food processor and run the machine until the mixture is very smooth. Pour the filling into the tin set on a baking tray. Bake in heated oven for 40-50 minutes until just set, then turn off the heat and leave the cheesecake to cool in the oven. When completely cold cover and chill overnight.
3. Before serving dust heavily with cocoa.
Store tightly covered in the fridge and eat within 4 days.