The secret not to make all choccolate drops fall in the bottom of the cake, you can find here in the point 3 and can be used in any other vs. recipe.
- 150 g butter
- 250 g sugar
- 125 g chocolate drops
- 125 g yogurt
- 350 g flour 00
- 3 eggs
- 50 ml milk
- 12 g baking powder
- 12 ml of rum
- 100 g white chocolate (for the frosting)
Preheat oven to 170°.
1. In a bowl whisk very well the softened butter, sugar and and 25 g of yogurt using a wooden spoon. It must become a creamy.
2. Add a little at a time: the sifted flour, the eggs, milk, and the remaining yogurt; mix everything thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
3. In another bowl mix together the remaining flour (50g) sifted baking powder, chocolate drops and rum. Add them to the mixture stirring gently.
4. Pour the mixture into a mold for plum-cake, the size of 25x8 cm. Bake for about 50 minutes . It should be golden on the surface. Let cool.
5. In the meanwhile in a small saucepan melt white chocolate in a double boiler, let cool for a while; put hte plum-cake on a serving plate and decorate the top with the white chocolate frosting. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
If you prefer the chocolate drops cab be replaced by whole pistachios (same weight, same method).