venerdì 9 settembre 2011

comfort food .... or biscuits!


You cannot ever deny friendship to a cookie, it's a sweet with a few claims, requires no saucer nor fork, does not dirty and you should not be hungry to eat; like when you were a child and took in your little hands your first cookie and chewed it slowly more to pamper you than to taste its flavor; and more than any other sweet has the power to bring you back in a nano-second into the perfumes and flavors of your childhood. And, as it's said now, it's the ultimate comfort food for me, it's perfect after dinner, for breakfast, as a snack food like no other, except maybe the chocolate when you need it, it cannot be replaced with no other. These biscuits are the result of a surplus of short pastry I made for the tart I prepared for my Friend Diana.




Ingredients for about 30 biscuits:
  • 200g corn flour
  • 100g flour 00
  • 100g brown sugar
  • 150g softened butter
  • 50g icing sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 Boubon vanilla bean
  • 60g peeled almonds
  • salt



Method:

Toast almonds at 200° for about 6/7 minutes. Chop when cold. In a bowl place the flour sifted together  with icing sugar, the seeds of the vanilla pod, and all the other ingredients; mix quickly and form a ball you flatten with a rolling pin between two sheets of parchment paper  (I did it in a blender). Put the dough in freezer for about 5-10 minutes. Resume the dough and knead it again for a few seconds, roll it out (not too thin) giving the shape to the cookies you want. Bake at 180° on plates lined with baking paper for about 12-15 minutes or until golden.




Store in a tin box if you do not end up first! This is an old tin box, my husband and my son Ale brought to me as a gift from the market Porta Portese on last Sunday morning.




With this recipe I participate in the contest of the blog di Francy La Dolce Vita


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Anyone going from here, who wants to leave a small trace of himself, will enrich my blog, and widen my smile!
Thanks for visiting .... come back soon ...