What is not made for a kitchen robot... red and beautiful: I made this parfait.
Ingredients for 10 people:
- 700g raspberries
- 300 g sugar
- 8g gelatin
- 7 dl fresh whipping cream
- 1 Bourbon vanilla bean
- 6 egg whites
- 4 drops lemon juice
- 60g icing sugar
1. Put 250g of cream in a saucepan with the vanilla pod cut lengthwise and 100g sugar, over low heat. Soften 4 g gelatin in cold water for a few seconds, squeeze and dissolve it in the hot cream.
2. Blend 500g of raspberries with 100g sugar. Soak the remained gelatin in cold water, squeeze and dissolve it in 3 tbs of hot raspberry smoothie, then mix with the rest of the pureé.
3. Whip the egg whites until stiff with the lemon juice, add the remaining sugar and continue to mount. Whip 250g cream and pour into the raspberry smoothie and add half of the egg whites. Stir the remaining egg whites in the cream mixture removing the vanilla pod.
4. Line a hemispherical mold of 22 cm, with the film. Pour half mixture of the raspberries. Let harden in the freezer for 30 minutes. Pour the mixture with the vanilla and let harden in the freezer. Finish with the mixture of raspberries and put into the freezer for 4 hours.
5. Before serving decorate the cake: whip the remaining cream with icing sugar, put the parfait on a serving plate, cover the surface with the whipped cream and decorate with the raspberries.
With this parfait I partecipate in the contest of Barbara