lunedì 23 gennaio 2012

little capresi with extra virgin olive oil (glutenfree)

I could not miss the contest on Montersino's recipe... I'm a follower-fan, my blog is full of his recipes. I have elsewhere had the occasion to share with you my enthusiasm and my unbounded admiration for the Master, how he's called around the web; what I really appreciate about him, is the clarity of his explanations and the complete sharing of his knowledge. Many things in pastry that before I could not even think to do, now are clear and give me satisfaction. The secrets (like doing pastry cream without turning, or before whisking the eggs and sugar you must heat them over low flame) mean to me a sort of Copernican Revolution, that I apply in my kitchen with a smile. As if he was there.



Here is the recipe.


Ingredients for 10-12 little capresi:
  • 275 g eggs (weighted shelled)
  • 250 g caster sugar
  • 250 g unpeeled almonds
  • 100 g extra virgin olive oil (I used half extra virgin olive oil and half seed oil)
  • 200 g dark chocolate
  • 15 g bitter cocoa powder
  • 15 g amaretto liqueur (I used Rhum)
  • oil and rice flour for the molds
  • sifted icing sugar
For the frosting:
  • 100 g dark chocolate (I used 150 g)



Picture 1. Chop coarsely the almonds with half of the sugar (125 g) and the cocoa. Whip the eggs with the other half of the sugar (125 g) ( I have before warmed up to 45 °C as usually to earn a really fluffy and smooth cream). Melt the chocolate and add the oil. 

Picture 2. Stir in the egg mounted the almond powder, then add the melted chocolate with oil; complete with the liquor. Pour the mixture in molds (10cm diameter) greased with oil and dusted with rice flour, then bake at 200°C for about 8 minutes. When cooked, let cool well and remove from the molds: pour on the base the melted tempered chocolate (here you find the method). When the chocolate is well solidified,  sprinkle the surface with icing sugar.    


Caterina's comment, a great friend and physiotherapist: she called me while she was still eating, she couldn't stop eating and call me, nor could call me later: it was urgent doing both things together. She said, then Monica (yum yum yum) now I'll tell you one thing, (yum yum yum) I've tried everything in my life, but never ever tasted something so good. The crunchiness of the chocolate frosting, along with the softness of the heart of the pie, the crunch under your teeth, bring you back to an embryonic state, to a ancestral pleasure: this is scientific! and you gave me a crazy amount of endorphins! Well if it's a doctor who says...I've told from years! 


                 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Anyone going from here, who wants to leave a small trace of himself, will enrich my blog, and widen my smile!
Thanks for visiting .... come back soon ...