venerdì 26 agosto 2011

Lemon and coconut tarte

 
Lemon and coconut tarte


The idea came to me reading Alessandra,  I thought to try her tarte, she had read in turn in Marie Claire Kitchen. As I get this magazine I read it in the original one. I must admit that the little changes made by Alessandra were right to me; I find that this magazine has beautiful and very cool photos, but the recipes in it are disappointing, at least that's my experience. So starting from the method applied by Alessandra, I made my own small changes, concerning the pastry (the one by Montersino) and the use of Boubon Vanilla Liqueur.
  

Ingredients for a mold in 26 cm. diameter:
for the pastry:
  • 300gr flour
  • 180gr softened butter
  • 120gr icing sugar
  • 50gr egg yolks
  • 1 gr salt
  • 1/2 Boubon Vanilla Bean
  • 1/2 lemon zest

Method:
Mix all the ingredients in the blender only the time neccessary to amalgamate, form a ball, flatten between two baking papers and store in the fridge while we prepare the cream.



Ingredients for the cream:
  • 180 gr butter at room temperature
  • 200 gr icing sugar (in Marie Claire magazine they it was 300gr, really toooo much)
  • 4 great eggs
  • 90 gr grated coconut
  • 1 lemon zest
  • 1 lemon juice
  • 1 vanilla yoghurt  (I used a white bio yoghurt and 2 teaspoons Vanilla Bourbon liqueur)


Method:
Cream the butter with sugar until creamy and add the eggs one at a time, then vanilla yoghurt, juice and lemon zest and finally coconut. Pour the cream into the mold, you've lined with pastry and bake at 180° for at least 30-40 minutes, the surface should be golden. When I added the yoghurt to the butter I scared because the visual effect was like a ricotta cheese (like the picture below) but I assure you that it's normal after baking and then in contact with air the cream hardens into a perfect tarte. Sprinkle with a lot of icing sugar when it cools.



I have kept in the refrigerator and the next day was even better so fresh with that perfect balance between the two flavors of lemon and coconut, which do not overlap, but rather accentuates the taste characteristics of the order (not my words but those who have eaten!)


Serves: 10 slices




Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Anyone going from here, who wants to leave a small trace of himself, will enrich my blog, and widen my smile!
Thanks for visiting .... come back soon ...