This pie has the doses of Sir Montersino (if I were Queen Elizabeth II, I would give him the title of pastry baronet) infact after having tried his pastry it's hard to go back. The only difference that I made is related to the flour, that I have substituted with almond-flour, pistachios and rice flour, because it was a glutenfree birthday! The result is a pleasure beyond description, though I should not say, but the dried fruit gives the pastry an unparalleled quid; this demonstrate the fact, that even glutenfree food can be excellent, furthermore it's a good reason to explore an approach that otherwise, at least I, would have not dared.
Ingredients for a cake of 26-28 cm:
- 300g softened butter
- 200g pistachios
- 200g lamond flour (or toasted and chopped almonds)
- 100g rice flour
- 100g icing sugar
- 80g egg yolk
- 1 untreatened lemon
- 1 pinch of salt
- fruit to taste
- sour cherry jam raspberry jam and strawberry jam (or whatever you prefer)
- 1 sheet gelatin
- white and dark chocolate for decoration
1. Toast the pistachios for 4-5 minutes at 200°. Cool and chop them.
Pour all ingredients in the mixer and whisk only the time you need to amalgamate everything. (by hand would be more difficult because there is the fat of the butter and in order to handle the dough easily you need gluten to thicken the ingredients). Pour the dough between two sheets of parchment paper and flatten with a rolling pin. This is the result. Put in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
Preheat oven at 190°
2. Take the dough out from fridge, knead it only a few seconds, and cover with it the bottom of the greased mold, covered with a sheet of baking paper. Make small holes on the dough and decorate the edges as desired. Cover with a layer of jam and bake for about 50 minutes.
3. Meanwhile wash and peel the fruit of your choice (I used organic apricots, peaches, white and black grape and kiwis). When cooled, garnish the surface of the tart with slices of the fruit. Now prepare the jelly. Put in a saucepan 3 tbs of clear jam, such as apricots, add gelatin sheet previously softened and squeezed . On very low heat melt and mix completely the marmelade with the jelly sheet. Let cool the gelatin a few minutes and brush it abundantly over the entire surface of the cake.
Per la scritta:
100 g white chocolate
50 g dark chocolate
Melt the two chocolate separately. Spread the white chocolate on a parchment paper, giving it the form of a tablet. Let cool completely. Pour the melted dark chocolate into a sac-à-poche and make the writing . Store the cake in refrigerator; taste it cool.
Let's use organic eggs for your health and welfare of animals.