The presentation of the sweets of this blog will be accompanied by the description of one or two wines to match, their history and composition, made by a very special person to me, who has a twenty-year experience in excellent restaurants in Rome, my brother Gian Luca Zacchia, sommelier enrolled in the Italian register of Sommeliers since 1990. His experience has been developed in restaurants like Agata e Romeo as curator of the celling and tasting, the restaurant La Pergola and restaurant Alberto Ciarla in Trastevere, among only the most important. Now it is not his main activity, then accepted to cooperate with my adventure and passion for this blog, enriching it with his great knowledge in a field that I love much enjoy, but have few experience. We can then call it a "joint-venture" for affection and passion that binds us, for good wine and food, and the ability to combine them.
Recipe by Alastair Hendy
The result is amazing
Serves 12/14 slices
- 6 medium eggs
- 6 medium egg yolks
- 200g sugar
- + 1 tablespoon
- 450g of strawberries (or a mixture of strawberries and raspberries)
- + Some for garnish
- 150g dark chocolate
- 1 liter of whipped cream
- 2 teaspoons liquore alla vaniglia bourbon
1. Heat the eggs and sugar up to 45 ° always stirring and with a whip, transferred and mounted in a planetary until mixture is thick and fluffy for about 10-12 minutes. Divide the mixture into three bowls.
2. Melt in a double boiler or microwave the chocolate and let cool slightly. Then incorporate it into one of the bowls with the egg mixture.
3. Puree strawberries with a tablespoon of sugar until the mixture is smooth, strain to remove seeds, and then incorporate it in a second part of the egg mixture.
4. In the third bowl add the vanilla liqueur.
5. Spread the whipped cream into the three bowls and mix well. Put in freezer until mixture is almost frozen, stirring occasionally to break up the crystals will form.
Let the cake at room temperature for 15 minutes before you turn it over on a platter and serve with strawberries.
6. Grease lightly with oil 2 loaf pan and line with two strips of baking paper, making them slightly overhang. Using a spoon, spread the ice cream cake in the pan almost frozen, creating a nice contrast of colors. Be careful to press hard ice cream to prevent the formation of air bubbles. Leveled and put in freezer overnight.
Tip for wine by Gian Luca Zacchia:
image taken by internet