venerdì 3 giugno 2011

cheese cake with chocolate and goat cheese with strawberries compote


Falls under the general rules saying that "Tea is a ritual a moment of relax a form of detachment from..." I must admit and be honest that I really like the tea when I have cold and I'm not well then it is the only thing that satisfies me and I'm looking for immediately; preferring red fruits tea I so  decided to go with this cheese cake with white chocolate and fresh...red fruits: the first time I ate this it was love at first bite because to me this is the Perfect Match!

...Generally I'm not the type from afternoon tea, although I've stolen the deepest meaning of that time relaxing and far from the frenzy; dragging in a parallel step where I can refresh and regenerate my mind and my heart. I do a sort of black-out for 10 minutes: I do not think whatever, I train my brain to slow down and soothe completely in that right moment; I'm suspended and absent and when I recover I'm fresh as a rose, thoughts converge again but slowly and gradually according to a renewed priority. My "tea" is this. There is nothing so social as understood in Anglo-Saxon culture, it's always an intimate moment facing me. The analogy made by the blogger La ciliegina sulla torta with the mad hatter is perhaps quite fitting: the tea that they are allowed in the forest is a mind game more than a social ritual. There is nothing pre-established, everything is istinctive and part of a mental process that led them there. A half-moved like me would be happy to sit at their table.With this recipe taken from the book of paul.a.young Chocolate Adventures I participate in the ocntest of the blog ciliegina sulla torta. P.s.: in order to play perfectly the very English Part I used cups and saucers I found out in Portobello Road Market during my youth's travels (of about last century!) Ps.s.2 I have not got hte time to cool down the cake, so the center was still quite trembling at the time of "shooting" Sigh!
Ingredients for a cake 20cm in diameter
For the cheese cake
200g chocolate biscuits
100g butter
50g Demerara sugar
3 eggs
200g caster sugar cane
zest and juice of 1 lemon
300g goat's cheese
200g mascarpone
2 tbs cornstarch
150g white chocolate
For the compote of strawberries (or raspberries)
300g strawberries
100g caster sugar cane
1 tbs rosemary leaves
zest and juice of 1 lemon

How to make
1. For the basic mixture of the cake, chop finely the biscuitsi. Melt the butter and add it to the biscuits crumbs and Demerara sugar, mix well. Press the mixture very well on the bottom of cake tin with the zipper and let cool.
2. Work the eggs and sugar with the zest and juice of the lemon, the goat cheese and mascarpone until smooth and creamy with no lumps.  Add the cornstarch and mix.

Preheat oven to 150°.

3. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave then pour over the cream cheese  and stir thoroughly. Pour the mixture in the springform pan on the base of the crushed biscuits. Bake in oven for 1 hour. When cooked the cheese cake must be soft and trembling: a prolonged cooking may crack in the surface and give a grey-verse shade.

4. Let the cheese cake cool to room temperature, then store in the fridge for 2 hours without pull out. To prepare compote: put the strawberries, the zest and lemon juice, sugar and rosemary leaves in a saucepan over low heat. Cook until the mixture is gelatinous dark.
5. Unmold the cake and put on a serving plate. Use a warm wet knife to cut into slices and garnish with a spoonful of compote.

Serves: 10 slices

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Anyone going from here, who wants to leave a small trace of himself, will enrich my blog, and widen my smile!
Thanks for visiting .... come back soon ...