For the pastry cream (Montersino's recipe)
When I tried it the first time I did not want to believe as absolute an ease never turn if you want to look at video on youtube is amazing:
I have reduced the doses of 1 / 4:
doses given by Montersino
- 200g whole milk 800g
- 50g fresh cream 200g
- 75g egg yolk 300g
- 75g sugar 300g
- 10g cornstarch 35g
- 10g rice starch 35g
- 1/2 bourbon vanilla bean
|add cornstarch and rice starch|
1. Heat the milk with the cream.
2. Slit the vanilla pod: the seeds go in the sugar, and the berry in the milk while warming.
3. Beat the eggs with sugar and vanilla seeds until a froth(incorporating the air the egg will float on the milk).
4. Pour the cornstarch and rice starch into the eggs mounted and stir gently with a spatula.
5. Remove the vanilla pod from the milk and add the egg-sugar-mounted in milk, that is about to boil. The egg remains suspended: DO NOT TURN THE CREAM! I have to turn when the milk goes over the eggs and forms small volcanoes in the sides and in the center just a few seconds, as in this photo.
|Custard - milk volcanoes|