These biscuits make you think to English teatime, a green park, to Jane Austen's characters, perhaps Hethcliff!!
And it's simple to do!
Preheat oven to 175°
Merge 100 g dark chocolate
- 1 lemon
- 500 g for all purpose flour
- 100 g sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 yolks
- 250 g butter
For the filling
- your favourite jam
- 50 g pistachios, nuts or almonds
- 100 g dark chocolate at 70%
1. Sift the flour, in the centre put the seeds of the vanilla bean, the yolks and the sugar. Mix without taking the flour yet. Mix the softed butter and then take also the flour, adding if necessary a spoon of water. Make a ball with the dough.
2. Roll out the pastry and put it in the fridge for about 1 hour or 10 minutes in the freezer covered with baking sheet.
3. Roll out the pastry at 5 mm and cut the shapes you prefer place on the baking sheet.
4. Fill the biscuits with the jam. Bake some of them without filling. Bake for 20 minutes.
5. Roast the pistachios and chop not too finely.
When chocolate is at the temperature of 31° fill the simple biscuits with it, and lay one upon the other then decorate them with a pastry bag and put on a cooling rack.
It will be not simple waiting for...
Decorate the biscuits with the pistachios.
Serves about 30.