domenica 27 marzo 2011

Whites Cake

White Cake

Sunday morning, the typical slowness in the last free hours before a new week starts... I try to concentrate on a movie, but it's impossible, I try then with a book, nothing to do.... it's too much difficult in these sunday hours with reduced consumption of neurons; I have taken to reading one...two...three recipes...till I get inspired and begin lazily to pull out first the flour from the cupboard then the balance, the oranges and the butter...that must be soften; thanks microwave I've abandoned my rolling pin to soften the butter!
I think I have everything so no more chatting: as soon as I start mixing the ingredients, Sunday laziness vanishes as if by magic; I feel enveloped by the scents and aromas that hit my nose and smooth the skin of my hands. The day before I used some yolks to make a cake, so this recipe is the way to reuse the whites! It's a super soft cake, that doesn't taste neither like yolks nor like whites at all, that here serve only to bring air; infact the immediate and clear flavour is given by oranges and butter. Delicious...here is  the recipe.





Ingredients

  • 180g butter at room temperature
  • 250g flour
  • 1packet of baking powder (18g)
  • 130g sugar
  • 5 whites
  • grated rind of 2 oranges
  • salt
  • butter and flour for the mould
For decoration
  • icing sugar
  • dark chocolate waffles

Method
Preheat oven to 180°


1. Put the softened butter in a bowl. Sift the flour with the baking powder and a pinch of salt. Grease with butter a 22 cm baking pan.

2. Add the sugar to the butter and whisk very well with a wooden spoon. Whip the egg whites until stiff. Add the sieved flour and the whipped whites to the mixture. Go on beating the mixture with the wooden spoon while you add the flour and the whites. Add the grated rind of the two oranges.

3. Pour the mixture into the baking pan and bake for 40 minutes.

Cool the cake for 30 minutes and sprinkle it with icing sugar and chocolate waffles.


Serves: Make 8/10 slices



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Anyone going from here, who wants to leave a small trace of himself, will enrich my blog, and widen my smile!
Thanks for visiting .... come back soon ...