venerdì 25 marzo 2011

Fougasse (French Bread)

Another book that enlighted me about baking the bread is the one of a French Author and from him I took this  easy but stunning recipe; I did it for the New Year's Eve.


The night before prepare a little dough with
  • 300gr flour 
  • 150gr water
  • 2/3 g. brewer's yeast
mix all for few minutes and put it in a bowl greased with oil: cover with plastic wrap (leave all night locked in a cupboard).
The next morning mix
  • 700 gr flour 0, 
  • 1/2 liter of water
  • 2 teaspoon salt 
  • 1 teaspoon of sugar 
Prehot oven to 230°

1. (now I use my wonderful Kenwood mixer) but until yesterday I did it by hand. After a few minutes, add the little dough you left in the cupboard, cover with plastic wrap and leave it for 1 hour. I always put in the oven a bit hot. After this time take the dough gently to not deflate it. Cover with flour the pastry board and cut the dough into four parts on the pastry board well floured. Slit each piece diagonally with a deep, precise cut and make other 2 or 3 cuts nearby; spread them with your fingers. Flour well the Fougasse sprinkle with the flour of yellow corn and bake on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven when golden brown.

Fougasse
  

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Anyone going from here, who wants to leave a small trace of himself, will enrich my blog, and widen my smile!
Thanks for visiting .... come back soon ...