Chocolate and bitter orange jam, perfect!
For this tart the
- 520 g flour
- 80 g bitter cocoa powder
- 300 g very soft butter
- 300 g sugar (half brown, half white)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 2 digestives
- grated lemon peel
- Bourbon Vanilla
1. The method is the same of the jam tart I must confess that after having sieved flour and cocoa, I needed to put the mixture in a pastry blender in order to whisk perfectly the ingredients.
2. Make the fountain, put in the centre the sugar, the eggs, the vanilla's seeds, lemon peel and a pinch of salt; mix very well this batter, then add the butter and at least add the flour to the pastry.
3. Roll it out and put it between two greaseproof papers and leave it in the freezer for 10 minutes.
4. After this time, work it a few minutes with a pinch of flour, roll out the pastry, cover with it the bottom of a baking pan (30 cm in diameter), crumble over the two digestives, and use your favourite jam. Bake for about 1 hour. Sprinkle with icing sugar.