martedì 18 gennaio 2011

corne paste


corn pastes

It's for me now  definitely established that even though I often repeat to me "what are you doing" " with all these sweetes don't you have strange ideas into your head..., what do you want to do, where do you want to get...Despite this I find myself in my room, my favourite place, my kitchen as driven by a force outside me, not even thinking about, I find myself there in front of my jars, recipes making a mess like Edward Scissorhands, zic zac all cuts and scratches and then beautiful things come out. So it often happens to me, and then maybe for my my passion for running I know that the sense is not where to go but enjoy the journay: and by the way this is a real pleasure for me! So it was this morning, despite the fever season, just the kids at school. breakfast, snacks etc...everything out of me, I am suddenly finding myself  in ecstasy among my beloved pots and pans, inspired by a recipe that certainly no could not wait to be done. Corn pastes are a shortbread cookie typical of the area of Cuneo in Piemonte, it was produced industrially but with disappointing results, so much so that it has been written in the Slow Food list to protect the craft product. Here they are....
    
in oven......
For about 40 pastries (cookies)
  • 200 g of weak flour
  • 200 g yellow corn flour
  • 200 g butter
  • 200 g honey
  • 25 g egg yolks
  • 60 g eggs
  • 3,75 baking powder
  • 1 boubon vanilla bean
  • 1 g salt
 Method:
Preheat oven at 170°
Mix softened butter with the honey  using a mixer fitted with beaters or a planet with the leaf. After obtaining a smooth cream add the eggs, egg yolks, mix again and add the vanilla seeds exctracted from pods and salt. Complete with flour and baking powder sifted together. Let rest in refrigerator for 2 hours or 10 minutes in the freezer and then roll it out to obtain a sheet half an inch thick  and cut into discs with the pastry rings.  Bake for about 20 minutes.  

corn pastes


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Anyone going from here, who wants to leave a small trace of himself, will enrich my blog, and widen my smile!
Thanks for visiting .... come back soon ...