This cake gives satisfaction just looking at it in photos and while you toast hazelnuts in the oven, the smell have traveled a thousand waiting to be impressed by the flavours and fragrances...
Warning: the method is simple;
the difficulty is not to eat it!
Serve: 8/10 slices
- 180 g shelled and skinned hazelnuts
- 280 g hard chocolate 70% Ecuador
- 20 g flour
- 6 eggs
- 180 g butter at room temperature
- 200 g caster sugar
- icing sugar and whipped cream
How to make:
1. Toast the hazelnuts for 8 minutes at 200 degrees. When cool mash powder in a blender and mix the flour. Break the chocolate into a heatproof bowl and let it melt in a double boiler (bowl should not come into contact with water).
2. Separate the yolks from the whites and then whisk 130 g of sugar with the butter and egg yolks until creamy.
3. Whip the whites with the remaining sugar. Stir the melted chocolate mixture to egg yolks with the sugar and then add the flour mixture and hazelnuts, and finally the egg whites stirring gently from bottom to top.
4. Pour the batter into a buttered board with opening of 24 cm and bake at 180 degrees for about 60-70 minutes. Let cool slightly, remove the cake from the mold and dust with powdered sugar so much - do not panic if it changes a bit and will crack the crust, is part of its charm. Wanting to eat it covered in whipped cream.