lunedì 10 gennaio 2011

chocolate cheesecake with raspberries

With this recipe I take part in the contest of the blog of Sayuri Dolci dal Mondo!
cheesecake

I had never liked cheese cake because in my mind the cheese was part of the salty things; but when I tasted it for the first time in London years ago (even if its birthplace is New York, but has Greek origins!) I fell in love, its flavour brings me immediately to London in one of those coffee shops, where I feel in the exact center of the world. So in my passion for pastry I've tried it even in more than one version.
Voilà the recipe....
Serves 6
  • 250 g biscuits
  • 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
  • 100 g butter

For the cream 

  • 300 g dark chocolate
  • 2 eggs
  • 100 g icing sugar
  • 1 vanilla bean
  • 500 g of ricotta cheese
  • salt
To decorate:
  • icing sugar
  • 2 tablespoons apricot jam
  • chocolate chips
  • chocolate little decorations
  • raspberries


Preheat oven at 180°
    1. Prepare the base of the cake with chopped biscuits, sugar and melted butter. Grease a mold in 24 cm diameter (preferably a hinged) pour the mixture pressing well to form a layer 1/2 cm thick.
    2. For the filling, melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a water bath over low flame.
    3. Shell the eggs and separate the yolks from the whites; beat the first with icing sugar and the seeds of the vanilla bean, until it becomes a creamy white.
    4. Add the ricotta cheese, one tablespoon at a time, add the melted chocolate stirring constantly. Whip the whites until stiff with a pinch of salt, pour them gently stirring from bottom to top in the chocolate mixture and pour everything into the mold.

    5. Bake the cheese cake for 1 hour, let cool. Unmold in the serving plate, spread a thin layer of jam over the entire cake, decorate the sides and the topping of the cake with chocolate chips, raspberries and mint leaves.


     

    Nessun commento:

    Posta un commento

    Anyone going from here, who wants to leave a small trace of himself, will enrich my blog, and widen my smile!
    Thanks for visiting .... come back soon ...