lunedì 29 agosto 2011

focaccia...for all uses

 

First, given the topic, what better time of this post to thank  Gianni of the Blog La mia Cucina, who sent me an award for having participated and won a section of his contest, it is very much appreciated, because, knowing my passion for baking bread, as he is a friend and a collegue of Open Kitchen, has had the attention of a gift ad hoc with a lot of congratulation. Thanks Gianni.

This is a recipe I have seen  among bloggers for a little bit of time, and bouncing from one to another, perhaps I got the original; I made two little variations: besides the doubling of the ingredients because I had  guests for dinner I replaced milk with excellent white organic yogurt and water. And I used the special Colfiorito Red Potatoes.     


 Ingredients for a pan in 90 cm diameter:

  • 500 gr  Manitoba (strong flour)
  • 200 gr  flour 0
  • 340 gr potatoes (I used the red Desireé potatoes)
  • 200 gr organic white yogurt
  • 100 gr water
  • 120 gr olive oil
  • 2 honey
  • 25 g yeast
  • rosmary
  • 10 gr salt


Method:
Preheat oven at 190° 
Boil the potatoes in their skin, let them cool, peel and mash with a fork. Crumble the yeast and dissolve in water, let it rest a few minutes. In the mixer mix the honey with the yeast dissolved, then the yogurt and oil, the sifted flours, mashed potatoes and salt. Knead until dough is soft and sticky. Form a ball and let rise covered with a cloth for an hour. After this time, grease a baking sheet and roll out the dough with your fingertips, make the typical dimples with the knuckle, where you put olive oil, rosemary and coarse salt. Bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes or until golden. 




Serve warm, cold, simple, or stuffed.





Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Anyone going from here, who wants to leave a small trace of himself, will enrich my blog, and widen my smile!
Thanks for visiting .... come back soon ...