sabato 6 agosto 2011

spaghetti alla chitarra with truffle and garlic bread


The amazing experience of People of Fud I'm doing-I did-I will continue to do, I hope for a long time, has the enormous value inherent in itself to approach and discover flavours and fragrances, you didn't know or worse you hated for a lifetime. Yes, I must admit, I'm one of the 0.00001% of people who do (did) not eat truffles; if entering a restaurant I felt the smell, I had to choose a table away from whoever was eating them, or sometimes even go out. The mixture of scent of garlic, herbs, spices, mushrooms struck me directly by the throat without going through the nose, leaving me breathless. 
Then one day strolling in the beautiful countryside of the Italiana Region Marche, I met a small local  producer, a very kind man Mr. Giovanni Gentile, in his name the fate and character(!), who in addition to producing and selling vegetables, including the famous Colfiorito lentils, chickpeas, Desireè red potatoes, the Italian sweet red garlic, he asked me d'emblée "Do you like truffles?" and I answered without thinking "No, no thank you", with a face that I feel awful now rembering it; then even my husband, who left for the crusade of the People of the Fud with me, convinced me to try. I finally let myself be fascinated by the stories of this man and his truffle dog, who told "I was offered 3.000€ for my dog, but I didn't want to; do you know how long it takes to train it? since my dog was very young we began to hide a small truffle under a chair, then under a closet, finally under the earth,...you see that pine tree over there? - a tree which was about 800 metres  distant - Yes I see " well he can recognize the smell a truffle from here, splashes off, digs and takes it, without ruining it in its mouth and brings it to me." After this stories how can you not get one, to erase the memories from your anti-truffle past and start a new life with this pebble-mushroom in your car, that you must cuddle even more than the sourdough in your fridge. No, you can't at all. These here are the type called scorzone, typical of this period and it is the most common, translated into plain language, you do not have a mortgage to try it.
Here I am with a recipe from La Cucina Italiana, revisited by me, reminding me of the countryside, the landscape and the gentle smile of Mr. Gentile.


Ingredients for 4 persons:
  • 1/2 kg  spaghetti alla chitarra
  • 2 cloves garlic 
  • 200g truffles 
  • 4 slices of bread 
  • extravergine olive oil

    Method:

    Dust well, wash and grate the truffles (I put them in the blender at medium speed not to have waste). Cut bread slices into cubes and dip into a small pan with 4 tbs oil and a clove of garlic until nicely crisp. Put them in the mixer when cooled, to reduce into smaller pieces. Heat 3 tbs olive oil in a nonstick frying pan, add a clove of crushed garlic and pour the chopped truffle.  Keep the flame very sweet and cook for 2 minutes without coming to a boil. Remove the garlic clove. Cook pasta al dente and drain (about 7 minutes), set aside a pot of cooking water. Pour the pasta into a serving container with the truffles, the garlic bread,  2 tbs oil and mix thoroughly  adding cooking water as needed to bind the sauce well. 

    Serve immediately and garnish with crispy bread....delicious!



    By the way this is my 100th post!





    Nessun commento:

    Posta un commento

    Anyone going from here, who wants to leave a small trace of himself, will enrich my blog, and widen my smile!
    Thanks for visiting .... come back soon ...