domenica 4 settembre 2011

the French "quatre-quarts" with blueberries, grapes and chocolate pastilles


Quatre-quarts, ie in the French pastry the same weight of the 4 key ingredients to make a cake: egg-flour-butter-sugar (180 grams). This cake is suitable to be filled in with fruit, jam, chocolate, whatever we like. In the book "sweet and savory cakes" Ilona Chovancova gives a lighter version, which I filled with...what I had: grapes, blueberries and chocolate pastilles from Ecuador. It's a delight to be savored in small bites, because like all the French pastries, it's superb, but it should be granted sparingly. My motto is: less but good!


Ingredients for 10 people:
  • 180gr flour
  • 180gr eggs
  • 180gr butter (I used 150g)
  • 180gr di zucchero (I used 170g)
  • 10gr organic baking powder (or baking)
  • 10 berries of grapes (without seeds)
  • 150g blueberries
  • 100g 70% chocolate pastilles 70%


Method:

Whip the eggs with sugar until frothy (it takes 7-8 minutes). In a separate bowl, sift the flour with the baking and mix thoroughly, add the fruit and chocolate (this will allow a correct distribution across the cake and not only in the bottom). Pour in the egg mixture and then add the melted butter stirring with a spatula. Pour the mixture into a mold for plum cakes greased and floured. Put in oven at 180 degrees for 1 hour, do the toothpick test. Turn out when the cake is cold, sprinkle with icing sugar.



I thank Molino Chiavazza  for the award that they sent to me for having won the contest crostate e crostatine. Thanks!


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Anyone going from here, who wants to leave a small trace of himself, will enrich my blog, and widen my smile!
Thanks for visiting .... come back soon ...